- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 ounces baby corn
- 2 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in matchsticks
- 8 scallions, trimmed and sliced the long way
- 2 ounces canned bamboo shoots, drained
- 8 ounces fried tofu, cubed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the baby corn, snow peas, carrot and bell pepper and stir-fry for abut 5 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the scallions, bamboo shoots and tofu. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sherry, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, vegetable stock and corn starch. Add to the hot pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.