Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve over rice or other whole grains.
- 566.99 g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 236.59 ml sliced carrot
- 946.36 ml chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 236.59 ml water
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 236.59 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 36.97 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- Drain the pineapple, reserve the juice and set aside. Place the vegetables, except the broccoli, in a large pot or wok with 1/2 cup of the water and the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and the remaining 1/2 cup water. Stir, then cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir in the pineapple chunks and the sauce mixture. Cook, stirring until thickened.