Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Serve over rice or other whole grains.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, cut in wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain the pineapple, reserve the juice and set aside. Place the vegetables, except the broccoli, in a large pot or wok with 1/2 cup of the water and the garlic and ginger. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and the remaining 1/2 cup water. Stir, then cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a separate bowl. Stir in the pineapple chunks and the sauce mixture. Cook, stirring until thickened.