Recipe by Mrs. Grosh
Pad Bpriow Wahn. An authentic Thai recipe from Thai cooking instructer, Kasm Loha-unchit Clark, www.thaifoodandtravel.com
- 2 -3 tablespoons peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut in quarters lenghtwise, then sliced thinly crosswise
- 4 hot yellow wax peppers
- 4 medium pickling cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise and slice each half at a sharp slanted angle 1/8 inch thick (rub each end with cut top to remove bitter taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fish sauce, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon white vinegar, to taste
- 3 -4 teaspoons sugar, to taste (unrefined)
- 2 medium firm tomatoes, cut into bite-size wedges
- white pepper, liberal sprinkling
- cilantro, 1 small handful
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok until it is smoking hot. Swirl the oil to coat the wok surface and wait a few seconds for the oil to heat.
- When hot, stir in the garlic, followed shortly with the onion. Toss 20-30 seconds.
- Add peppers and stir-fry 20-30 seconds.
- Add cucumbers and continue to stir-fry for about a minute.
- Season to taste with fish sauce, vinegar and sugar.
- Add tomatoes, cucumbers and seasonings.
- Sprinkle with white pepper. Toss again and transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish top with cilantro.