Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lots of veggies and thick Chinese noodles soak up the delicious sauce I was lucky enough to try out in a food demo. Feel free to use your favourite, the Blue Dragon Sweet and Sour variety is similar to thick plum sauce with a touch more heat.
- 14.79 ml olives or 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 zucchini, sliced into half-moons
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 400 g fresh shanghai noodles or 400 g hokkien noodles (such as Ka-Me brand) or 226.79 g whole wheat spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 140 ml envelopeblue dragon sweet and sour stir-fry sauce
- 59.14 ml water or 59.14 ml low sodium vegetable broth
- Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and add the onion, carrots, celery, broccoli and mushrooms.
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften and the mushrooms begin to brown.
- Raise the heat and add the pepper strips, zucchini, garlic and pepper flakes and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles, Blue Dragon Sweet and Sour Stir Fry Sauce and water or broth. Toss well and simmer 2 minutes. Serve hot.