Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty Asian-style fare with some crunch from a Martha Stewart Kids magazine.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Turkey recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces turkey breast, uncooked in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 carrot, in diagonally slices
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, in slices
- 3 ounces snow peas
- 1⁄4 fresh pineapple, in 1-inch cubes
- In a bowl, whisk together egg and 4 tbsp cornstarch; add turkey, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, stock and remaining 2 tbsp cornstarch.
- Heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat and then add oil.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer turkey to hot pan.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until all meat is golden brown, 10-12 minutes; set aside.
- Add carrots and 3/4 cup water to the pan. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and carrot pieces are soft 8-10 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar mixture; bring to simmer, stirring.
- Add bell pepper slices. Cook, stirring until sauce is thick and shiny, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in peas, pineapple and turkey.
- Serve over hot rice.