Tasty Asian-style fare with some crunch from a Martha Stewart Kids magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces turkey breast, uncooked in 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth or 1 cup stock
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 carrot, in diagonally slices
- 1/2 green bell pepper, in slices
- 3 ounces snow peas
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, in 1-inch cubes
- 1In a bowl, whisk together egg and 4 tbsp cornstarch; add turkey, set aside.
- 2In another bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, stock and remaining 2 tbsp cornstarch.
- 3Heat a medium-size skillet over medium heat and then add oil.
- 4Using a slotted spoon, transfer turkey to hot pan.
- 5Cook, tossing occasionally, until all meat is golden brown, 10-12 minutes; set aside.
- 6Add carrots and 3/4 cup water to the pan. Cook, stirring, until water has evaporated and carrot pieces are soft 8-10 minutes.
- 7Pour in vinegar mixture; bring to simmer, stirring.
- 8Add bell pepper slices. Cook, stirring until sauce is thick and shiny, about 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in peas, pineapple and turkey.
- 10Serve over hot rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 497.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar