Recipe by Kendra*
This is my first try at submitting a recipe, so please be kind! I'm not sure where I got the original recipe, but I know that I've made some adjustments over time. It's also good using shrimp or pork and I'm sure it would be wonderful even if made with no meat at all.
Top Review by Gloria in Michigan
We grilled chicken legs cut up and put into the sauce & vegatables, was excellant over the baked potatoe,I also served it over white rice just as good,this would make a great dish with any type of meat!!!Thanks Kendra.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups pineapple juice, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, sliced and cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for one hour or until done.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 3/4 C pineapple juice and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and Tabasco.
- Combine remaining 1/4 C pineapple juice and cornstarch, stirring well and adding to vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrots, and simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Split tops of potatoes; fluff insides with a fork and top with sweet and sour mixture.