An excellent accmpaniment to an Indian meal or grilled meat and chicken, from the Good Housekeeping Rush Hour Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind ginger, garlic and red chillies into fine paste with splash of vinegar.
- 2Mince dates and raisins in a food processor without adding water.
- 3Chop tomatoes roughly, put in large pan, and cook till soft and mushy. Add the paste made in step 1 , minced raisins and dates, sugar, vinegar and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, on low heat till sugar melts.
- 4Increase heat to high and continue to cook, until chutney reaches consistency of thick jam. Leave to cool.
- 5Fill in air-tight jars. Will keep for 6 months in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Tomato Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 251.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 66.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g