Top Review by Sharon123
I enjoyed this dish. I coated the tofu with cornstarch and fried it to get a crispy coating. I didn't have bell peppers so I used a little broccoli and cauliflower. The sauce was nice. Thanks!
- 3 1⁄2 cups brown rice, Hot cooked
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, Minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 lb firm tofu, cut in 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 (8 ) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- GARNISH: scallion curls, chopped raw cashews, chopped peanuts, or sprig
- fresh corriander, optional
- Cook or reheat rice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Add cornstarch, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in remaining SAUCE ingredients.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet or wok, heat safflower oil on high.
- Saute carrots, peppers, onion, and garlic until carrot is crisp/tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir sauce, pour over vegetables, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Gently fold in remaining ingredients.
- Heat through.
- Serve on hot rice.
- Top with garnish. 4 - 6 Servings.
- VARIATIONS: - add sliced mushrooms; saute with other vegetables