Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious side dish for a BBQ, or anytime you want a crisp and refreshing vegetable salad.
- 3 small zucchini, sliced very thin
- 3 small yellow squash, sliced very thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a one quart jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper and the onion.
- In a saucepan combine the vinegar, sugar, oil and the salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then stir in the garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the vegetables; close the jar, and turn it upside down to coat the vegetables with the marinade.
- Turn the jar every 6 hours for 24 hours.
- Drain the vegetables, and serve them either chilled or at room temperature.
We loved this recipe! I increased the dressing and it covered the vegtables. Added halved grape tomatoes one night and served it as a vegtable salad. We consider it a real winner!
My family and guests did not love this. We had lots of leftovers.