Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Super fast and easy recipe - perfect for those days when we've been running around from here to there with various activities and I want a good, quick meal on the table. I often toss in some frozen red pepper/green pepper/onion blend instead of the fresh red pepper as I always have it in the freezer and may or may not have fresh red pepper depending on the current price at the store. I serve it over rice that I pre-set in my rice cooker earlier in the day to be ready at the same time this dish is.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed (9 oz.) or 2 1⁄2 cups frozen sugar snap peas (9 oz.)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3⁄4 cup bottled sweet and sour sauce (stir-fry sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put cornstarch in a plastic food bag. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in wok or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove to a bowl with a slotted spoon.
- Add bell pepper, snap peas and water chestnuts to drippings in skillet.
- Stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Pour in stir-fry sauce and return chicken to skillet.
- Stir to coat chicken and vegetables. Garnish with scallions. Serves 4.