1/2 Photos of Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry
This is out of a cookbook called "Clean Food"...it say that the secret to making noodles that stand up to stir-frying is to cook your noodles and then chill them before using.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb udon noodles or 1/2 lb soba noodles
- 1 -2 head broccoli
- 3 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1 cup pineapple chunk
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- 2Drain in colander and rinse thoroughly under cold water.
- 3Place colander on a plate and refrigerate.
- 4Bring 2-3 cups water to boil.
- 5Cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces.
- 6Peel and discard tough outer stems and cut remaining stems into chunks.
- 7Place prepared carrots and broccoli in bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit 2 minutes.
- 8Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- 9Heat wok or skillet over medium-high.
- 10Add grapeseed oil, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- 11If anything starts to stick, add 1 tablespoon water.
- 12Add broccoli, carrots and snow peas, stir and cook 2-3 minutes.
- 13Add pineapple, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon mirin, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and cook 1 minute longer.
- 14Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.
- 15Pour remaining tablespoon of vinegar, mirin and soy sauce into empty wok.
- 16Fold in chilled noodles until evenly coated and heated through.
- 17Drizzle with 1 tablespoon sesame oil.
- 18Transfer noodles to serving dish.
- 19Toss vegetables briefly in hot wok to reheat, drizzle with remaining tablespoon toasted sesame oil and spoon vegetables over noodles.
- 20Top with sesame seeds and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.7
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1122.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g