Top Review by I Cook Therefore I Am
This was super good and super easy! Made exactly as posted and the results were like something straight out of a Chinese Take-out container. Served over rice. Thanks for posting!
- canned pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares
- 8 -10 stalks asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, well drained and finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sauce; in a small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients until cornstarch has dissolved.
- Set aside.
- In wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring often until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and asparagus; increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and pineapple chunks and stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in tofu and reserved sauce and cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and adjust sweet/sour balance to your liking with additional honey, vinegar and/or soy sauce.
- Serve at once.