1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Stir-Fried Shrimp
Another one from Diabetes Forecast. Serving size 1 cup; Carbohydrate Exchanges 2; Very Lean Meat Exchanges 2; Fat Exchanges 0.5
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons flour (just enough to very lightly coat the shrimp)
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium red pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- 2Coat the shrimp very lightly with flour and shake off excess.
- 3Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large wok, set over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- 4Remove the shrimp from the wok. Add the remaining oil and the peppers and onions and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Add the pineapple chunks and sauce. Cook until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- 5Add the shrimp, warm and serve.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Stir-Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.6
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 255.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 24.8 g