Recipe by GREG IN SAN DIEGO
A 30 minute supper recipe from Cook's Country. Use a mixture of broccoli, snow peas, peppers, red onion and baby corn from the supermarket salad bar. Serve over steamed rice, with soy sauce or hot sauce, if desired.
Top Review by Mareesme
A delicious and easy recipe! I didn't have a large variety of fresh veggies on hand, so added to fresh broccoli about 1/2 of chunked red onion and a small chunked tomato. We liked that the sauce was not sticky sweetand was a good blend of sweet and sour flavors. Both of us give it 5 stars!
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 6 tablespoons juice, reserved
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lb salad bar vegetables, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, sugar, ketchup and cornstarch in bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add half the chicken and cook, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and repeat with additional 1 tablespoon oil and remaining chicken.
- Add remaining oil and vegetables to now-empty skillet and cook until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar mixture and chicken along with any accumulated juices to skillet and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.