Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A 30 minute supper recipe from Cook's Country. Use a mixture of broccoli, snow peas, peppers, red onion and baby corn from the supermarket salad bar. Serve over steamed rice, with soy sauce or hot sauce, if desired.
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 6 tablespoons juice, reserved
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lb salad bar vegetables, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- Whisk vinegar, reserved pineapple juice, sugar, ketchup and cornstarch in bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking.
- Add half the chicken and cook, stirring often, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and repeat with additional 1 tablespoon oil and remaining chicken.
- Add remaining oil and vegetables to now-empty skillet and cook until softened, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add vinegar mixture and chicken along with any accumulated juices to skillet and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 minutes.
A delicious and easy recipe! I didn't have a large variety of fresh veggies on hand, so added to fresh broccoli about 1/2 of chunked red onion and a small chunked tomato. We liked that the sauce was not sticky sweetand was a good blend of sweet and sour flavors. Both of us give it 5 stars!