This sweet and sour chicken recipe is really yummy. I'm not normally a sweet 'n' sour fan, but I do love this recipe. I usually find sweet 'n' sour dishes are really sickly - but not this one! We usually have this with Basmati rice cooked with about 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 750 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1 (220 g) can pineapple chunks
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 (310 g) can mandarin segments, drained
- 1Heat oil in a wok or pan.
- 2Add chicken and stir fry until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 3Remove from wok/pan and drain on absorbent kitchen paper towels.
- 4Keep warm.
- 5Drain the pineapple and reserve the syrup.
- 6Drain any excess oil from wok (or pan).
- 7Mix together the cornflour and water, and add to the wok/pan with the reserved syrup, tomato and soy sauces, sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and grated ginger.
- 8Add pineapple, chopped red pepper and celery.
- 9Cook for just 1 minute.
- 10Add chicken, spring onions and mandarin segments.
- 11Stir until heated through.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Stir-Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 155.6 mg
- Sodium 436.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 38.8 g