Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
The meat cook up nice and tender, in a delicious sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag; add meat pieces and shake to coat.
- In lg skillet, brown meat in hot oil.
- Mix water, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir into the meat.
- Add the onion.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer for another 30 minutes.
This is a wonderful recipe...I put it in the crockpot.I fried the stew meat in a pan..put in the crockpot and added everythings else and let it go on low for about 3hrs or so.I was not in no big hurry for dinner..the smell was wonderful. I served it over rice. Thank You
LOVE this recipe. I add mushrooms and potatoes, but otherwise, it's the same. DELISH!
This was really good!!!! The ingredient combo sounded funny to me- but based on the few reviews, I went for it. I did make a change- I dislike onions (especially a whole cup of them!) so I completely left them out. Otherwise- I followed the recipe! I did have to put a lid on mine about 20 minutes through as I noticed when it was simmering that I was "losing liquid"- it was evaporating on me. So I had to add some water to give more liquid. After I put the lid on, it was good! Both hubby and I really enjoyed it!! It was a unique taste- very very good! I would definitely make it again. Thanks!