Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Simple to make. Serve over rice.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 large carrots, sliced
- Combine flour, 1 tsp salt and pepper in a plastic bag. Add meat, shake to coat.
- In a dutch oven brown meat well in hot oil.
- Combine water, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, worcestershire sauce and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir into browned meat, add onion and carrots.
- Cover and cook over low heat for approx 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally until meat and carrots are tender.
- Serve over rice.