Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ready in 30 minutes. This is an easy and delicious meal. I got this recipe off of a Dole Pineapple tin about ten years ago. I have made this too many times to count. Serve this over rice.
- 680.38 g boneless chicken
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut in chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced thin
- 1 green pepper, cut in chunks
- 538.64 g can pineapple chunks in juice
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 44.37 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- Cut chicken in bite size pieces.
- Brown in oil in a large pan or wok.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and green pepper to pan.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour into pan.
- Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Serve over rice.
Absolutely delicious! Easy, filling and a great way to stretch meat! I also added some diagonally sliced celery. This is going to be a regular! Thanks for sharing!!!
I loved this recipe. I love that there is plenty of sauce for the rice. I will be making this again for sure. Thanks so much for posting!
THIS RECIPE IS SO GOOD! I can't believe it hasn't been reviewed yet. I have made it so many times, that the print out is dirty. The pineapples are our favorite part. the best part is that its so easy! I usually use several baby carrots instead of 3 medium size ones, but that's just because they are always in my fridge! Thanks for sharing!