Recipe by BrendaM
From Weight Watcher's magazine. If you use non fat chicken stock, there is only 180 calories and 1 gram of fat in this.
Top Review by Whisper
This is delicious, Brenda! We had it for dinner tonight and we all agreed it is a 5-star recipe! The fruit juice gives it a subtle sweetness, which we liked. It was easy to make and so very tasty. We'll be making this again often. Thanks for posting this, Brenda.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml chicken stock
- 2 stalk celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice or 118.29 ml orange juice
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 19.71 ml cornstarch
- 14.79 ml soya sauce
- 118.29 ml pineapple chunk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken in strips.
- In large skillet bring chicken and stock to simmer over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion and sweet peppers.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp.
- Mix together juice, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and soya sauce until blended Stir into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes until glossy and thickened.
- Add pineapple.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes or until heated through.