1/1 Photo of Sweet and Sour Skillet Chicken
From Weight Watcher's magazine. If you use non fat chicken stock, there is only 180 calories and 1 gram of fat in this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1Cut chicken in strips.
- 2In large skillet bring chicken and stock to simmer over medium high heat.
- 3Add celery, onion and sweet peppers.
- 4Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp.
- 5Mix together juice, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and soya sauce until blended Stir into skillet and bring to a boil.
- 6Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes until glossy and thickened.
- 7Add pineapple.
- 8Simmer for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Skillet Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.6 mg
- Sodium 332.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 15.3 g