Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Weight Watcher's magazine. If you use non fat chicken stock, there is only 180 calories and 1 gram of fat in this.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 stalks celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- Cut chicken in strips.
- In large skillet bring chicken and stock to simmer over medium high heat.
- Add celery, onion and sweet peppers.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender crisp.
- Mix together juice, vinegar, brown sugar, corn starch and soya sauce until blended Stir into skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes until glossy and thickened.
- Add pineapple.
- Simmer for about 2 minutes or until heated through.
This is delicious, Brenda! We had it for dinner tonight and we all agreed it is a 5-star recipe! The fruit juice gives it a subtle sweetness, which we liked. It was easy to make and so very tasty. We'll be making this again often. Thanks for posting this, Brenda.
Very easy to make, and turned out perfectly. Usually not a big fan of peppers, but these were done quite well! Try adding a bit more vinegar for a more tart taste.
I was wondering at first if this recipe was going to be a little thin and if I would need to put it over rice to make it filling enough. As it happened, it was great without. I love the way it turned out and I actually added about half a cup of snap peas which were a great addition!