Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
adapted from the Carefree Cook Book. Posted for ZWT 7. Serve with Hot cooked Rice.
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Shrimp With Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, reduced sodium
- 1⁄4 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined (21 to 25 count)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeds and ribs removed, and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- To make the sauce base, sprinkle the cornstarch over 1/3 cup water in a small bowl and whisk to dissolve the cornstarch. Add the broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and red pepper flakes and mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablesppon of the oil and swirl the skillet to slick the bottom with oil. Add the shrimp and stir-fry just until the shrimp turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon ili to the skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add the red pepper and stir until it begins to soften, about ` minute, Add the scallions and stir until they begin to wilt, about 1 minute. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and garlic and stir-fry until the garlic gives off its aroma, about 1 minute. Pour in the sauce base and brin to a boil to thicken the sauce stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, spooned over rice.