Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sweet and Sour Shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled deveined
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Set pineapple aside.
- Combine pineapple juice, cornstarch, chili sauce and soy sauce -- set aside.
- Set on Med-Hi heat, Coat fry pan with cooking spray and add oil.
- Stir-fry green pepper and onion 2-3 minutes.
- Add shrimp.
- Stir-fry 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in liquid mixture and pineapple chunks.
- Cook until mixture is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
- Best served over rice.
Made this for supper tonight, made more sauce and added peas, served over rice. Thanks for the easy recipe.