Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe from Martin Yan. He suggests using this as a condiment on sandwiches.
- 3⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves.
- Place carrots in a heatproof bowl and pour hot vinegar mixture over carrots.
- Add fish sauce, stir to combine, and let cool.
- Place in a covered container and refrigerate for up to a month.