Recipe by cookin-ez
A wonderful twist on sauerkraut. A great side dish that goes with so many dishes. I do cut back on the brown sugar. I think it's a little too sweet with the whole cup.
Top Review by Traveling Lady
This is a wonderful recipe. I received it many years ago from my cousin and it was the only way my husband would eat sauerkraut. I haven't made it in many years but I will do it soon. Thank you for reminding me.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (27 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels and saute the onion in the drippings.
- Stir in the sauerkraut, tomatoes, brown sugar and the bacon. Bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased casserole dish. Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.