Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use this tasty sauce as a dip for egg rolls, crab rangoon, spring rolls...most crispy Asian appetizers will go well with this.
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild paprika
- Place pineapple preserves in a small saucepan.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and stir in .
- Heat over low heat, stirring, until preserves melt and mixture thickens slightly and is well blended.
- Remove from heat and cool before using.
I used ground ginger instead of paprika. Very easy to make and yummy.
Can I use pineapple pie filling for this recipe .
i really enjoyed this sauce. i had only pinapple & apricot preserves on hand but it still tasted great! i used it as a dipping sauce for eggrolls and i also put it over turkey meatballs and rice. this is the best homemade sweet and sour sauce i have ever tried and it was really easy and fast to make. thank you!