Top Review by Gord27
I found this to be excellent although I couldn't help tinkering just a bit. I added a little more sugar and some orange juice. I also added some red food coloring to get a more appetizing color.
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 4 tablespoons catsup
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart saucepan, mix sugar and starch.
- Add enough water to pineapple liquid to make 2 cups.
- Stir juice mixture, vinegar,& catsup into starch mixture.
- Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Keep warm over very low heat.