Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This goes beautifully with any oriental dish, especially Chicken Macadamia
Make and share this Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (or brown gravy color)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place green and red pepper in water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, and simmer 1 minute.
- Add the bouillon cube, brown sugar, white sugar and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Make a smooth paste of remaining ingredients and add to the simmering liquid.
- Cook a minute or two until sauce is thick and clear.