Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This goes beautifully with any oriental dish, especially Chicken Macadamia
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1⁄2 medium red pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (or brown gravy color)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place green and red pepper in water in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, and simmer 1 minute.
- Add the bouillon cube, brown sugar, white sugar and Kitchen Bouquet.
- Make a smooth paste of remaining ingredients and add to the simmering liquid.
- Cook a minute or two until sauce is thick and clear.