Mom of Five's Note:
This goes beautifully with any oriental dish, especially Chicken Macadamia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium green pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1/2 medium red pepper, diced large or small strips
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet (or brown gravy color)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Place green and red pepper in water in saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil, and simmer 1 minute.
- 3Add the bouillon cube, brown sugar, white sugar and Kitchen Bouquet.
- 4Make a smooth paste of remaining ingredients and add to the simmering liquid.
- 5Cook a minute or two until sauce is thick and clear.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 193.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: