Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great sauce over any kind of stir-fry and/or rice
- 236.59 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 59.14 ml distilled vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 59.14 ml unsweetened pineapple juice or 59.14 ml water
- In a small saucepan, combine the 1 cup pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and ketchup.
- Stir over moderate heat until simmering.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the 1/4 cup pineapple juice or in water.
- Stir into sauce; cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
Very quick and easy. Best of all, I had all the ingredients in the cupboard!
This sauce was so easy and tastes GREAT!!! I had all the ingredients in the pantry and have always wanted to learn to make a good sweet and sour sauce. Thanks for this recipe!
Just what I was looking for! Simple and good. Thank you Joy:)