Recipe by **Jubes**
This is a very easy sauce to make and much tastier and more economical than the purchased bottled variety. The vegetable stock can be substituted for pineapple juice or just plain old water. I use the juice when I am making a stir fry that I will throw some pineapple pieces into. You can vary the ingredients to your taste. To make this sauce gluten free, ensure that you use a GF stock, soy sauce and maize cornflour. White Wings cornflour and Fountain soy sauce are currently gluten free in Australia. The sauce will keep easily for a week in the refrigerator
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm another one who made this as a dipping sauce! Used the pineapple juice, too, & it made for a great for both some chicken tenders AND some baked potato wedges! A great keeper, for sure! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend]
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (gluten-free if required)
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce (US-ketchup)
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (US, cornstarch)
- 3 tablespoons water or 3 tablespoons stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the cornflour into the water.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture constantly and bring it to the boil. Continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- NOTE: For a thicker sauce add more cornflour eg to use as a dipping sauce.