Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
found this in a local newspaper..it is really good...it will keep in the refrigerator about 1 week..if it lasts that long..
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 inch fresh ginger, peel, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 dash salt
- In bowl, combine cold water, vinegar, sugar, salt and soy sauce.stir well to dissolve sugar, then stir in ginger and garlic.
- Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.stir in apricot jam, mixing well.
- Do not allow this to come to a boil.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water, add to vinegar mixture and bring to a boil.as soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat and let cool before serving.
- Store unused sauce in tightly capped container in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
super sauce, could have been a little thicker but that is easily fixed. I used it for sweet and sour chicken and it was fantstic, when I make it again I will make it a little sweeter(personal preference). This is a wonderfully light and easy sauce I really enjoyed it, thanks.
I found this sauce to be quite tasty. However, I thought that the amount of cornstarch needed to be increased to about 1 Tbs. in order to achieve the proper consistency.
This is just wonderful! I used it for meatballs, and make a nice salad with it. We all loved the sauce! Thanks!