1/3 Photos of Sweet and Sour Salmon
Borealis Beegirl's Note:
This tastes better the second day and is good for potlucks. I buy a variety of colored peppers in bulk, slice and freeze them, then pull out the amount when needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pull bones out of salmon with pliers and cut into chunks, then poach in water.
- 2Saute onion, pepper and mushrooms in butter until tender.
- 3Add tomatoes and cooked salmon.
- 4Drain pineapple, reserve syrup.
- 5Combine sugar, cornstarch and mustard. Stir in with the pineapple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce. Add to onion mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until thick and clear. If needed, may be thinned with water.
- 6Add pineapple chunks. Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.7
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 615.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 53.1 g
- Protein 20.8 g