Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I just listed the basic salad ingredients with no amounts so that you can use as much or as little dressing as you want
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salad oil
- mandarin orange section, drained
- tidbits crushed pineapple, drained
- water chestnut, sliced
- unsalted sunflower seeds (to taste)
- chopped lettuce
- Blend ingredients in blender, adding oil slowly to other ingredients. Mixture will be thick. Dressing can be warmed slightly which will make it clear, if desired. Makes approx 1 cup dressing.
- Sprinkle drained mandarin orange slices, drained tidbits of crushed pineapple, sliced water chestnuts and unsalted sunflower seeds (to taste) over chopped lettuce and add dressing.