Recipe by SuzieQue
This recipe is from the old Stouffers Restaurant in Columbus Ohio and won several awards as "Best Entree". It takes some time, but is absolutely worth it! Fabulous to serve special guests.
- 8 double cut pork chops
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, in large chunks
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on chops.
- Place chops, bone side down in a baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While chops cook, combine sugar, vinegar, green pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, paprika and 2 cups water.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water and stir until smooth.
- Add slowly to hot mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Cook until thick- about 10-12 minutes.
- Dip each chop in sauce and return to baking pan, bone side up.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn chops and cover with 2 cups of sauce.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for another 50 minutes (Still at 300).
- Remove foil from pan, baste chops with sauce and roast uncovered for 30- 40 minutes.