2 hrs 10 mins
This recipe is from the old Stouffers Restaurant in Columbus Ohio and won several awards as "Best Entree". It takes some time, but is absolutely worth it! Fabulous to serve special guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt on chops.
- 2Place chops, bone side down in a baking pan.
- 3Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 4While chops cook, combine sugar, vinegar, green pepper, 2 teaspoons salt, paprika and 2 cups water.
- 5Simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup water and stir until smooth.
- 7Add slowly to hot mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 8Cook until thick- about 10-12 minutes.
- 10Dip each chop in sauce and return to baking pan, bone side up.
- 11Bake at 300 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 12Turn chops and cover with 2 cups of sauce.
- 13Cover pan with foil and bake for another 50 minutes (Still at 300).
- 14Remove foil from pan, baste chops with sauce and roast uncovered for 30- 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Roasted Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.8
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 1816.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 87.8 g
- Protein 22.6 g