Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Another guaranteed winner. There will be no leftovers, but if there are, they refreeze well. This is also a good make-ahead. Just bake, cool, slice thin, put back into sauce, and freeze.
- 1 roast beef, any size you prefer
- garlic powder (be very generous here!)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup wine (optional)
- Put roast in pan.
- Season liberally with garlic powder.
- Mix together sauce ingredients.
- Pour over roast.
- Cover and bake @ 300F for 30 minutes per pound of meat.
It was very good. What a great change from the ordinary meat, potatoes, and carrots!
The sauce was great everyone thought we were having meatloaf, lol. But the meat was dry. Perhaps specify which cut of meat works best for this recipe?