Recipe by Dib's
Not a traditional Chinese recipe-I would call it North American Chinese-but very, very yummmmmmmy.
Top Review by TMomofone
Wow, this is really good. I'm not always the biggest fan of sweet and sour flavored foods, but this is outstanding. I made it exactly as the recipe says with the exception of omitting the peppers as no one here likes them. I have already added this recipe to my regular rotation. Thanks!
- 2 packages pork ribs, split individually
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium high heat and brown ribs-around 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and continue browning.
- Add the vinegar and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add brown sugar and simmer 10 minutes more.
- You might need a bit more vinegar at this point.
- You want the sauce thick but fluid.
- Add the peppers and onions and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the ketchup and stir.
- Taste and adjust the vinegar/brown sugar ratio.
- If needed add cornstarch to thicken.