- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup seeded thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup seeded thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 small seeded finely diced jalapeno pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Combine the onion and peppers in a bowl.
- Pour the vinegar and sugar mixture over them.
- Leave at room temperature for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain most of the liquid before serving.