Delicious...especially served with Sauerbraten - German pot roast and Potato dumplings...a fabulous German feast!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and fry in large pot; remove cooked bacon; add onion to bacon fat and brown lightly.
- 2Add cabbage and sprinkle with salt.
- 3Do not stir; cover and lower heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- 4Add vinegar, sugar, apple and cinnamon; stir well.
- 5Cover and cook on low heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 6Mix in fried bacon and serve.
- 7A must served with Sauerbraten- German pot roast.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and sour red cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.7
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 442.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g