Recipe by zeldaz51
Subtler than many versions, and diabetic-friendly, this is good with pork, duck, or turkey. Use a serrated bread knife to shred the cabbage, it's much easier. From "diabetes Cooking for Everyone", by Carol Gelles. Exchanges: 1/4 other carbohydrate, 1/4 fruit, 1 1/4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 946.36 ml shredded red cabbage
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml apple juice
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 0.59 ml clove
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the cabbage and onion; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and continue to cook, stirring, until all liquid has evaporated and cabbage is soft, about 4 minutes.