Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage
- In a large nonstick saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and apples.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and onion is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add red cabbage, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add to cabbage. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, about 35 minutes.