Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is from 365 Meatless Main Dishes
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tart green apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- In a large nonstick saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and apples.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are tender and onion is lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add red cabbage, salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is wilted, about 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together vinegar and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add to cabbage. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is just tender, about 35 minutes.
Really quick and easy and very tasty.