Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from my "Irish Cooking" cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 gala apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Rinse cabbage in colander; place in saucepan. Cover; cook 10 minutes or until cabbage is wilted. (Cabbage will steam in water that clings to it).
- Add apple, vinegar, maple syrup, and salt; stir to combine. Cover; cook over medium-low to medium heat about 15 minutes or until apple is tender.