Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great Thanksgiving side dish
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- Shred cabbage and cover with boiling water, vinegar and butter.
- Cook and cook slowly for 45 minutes.
- Stir in current jelly and salt.
- continue cooking until very little liguid is left in pot.
I was looking for a recipe similar to that of the cabbage at a local restaraunt and this is pretty darn close. I've made this a couple of times trying to perfect it and have found that a 1/2 cup of vinegar is a little to much. I use about 1/3 cup and also sometimes use rasberry jelly and it's super good! Otherwise, this is a great recipe!