Recipe by Paulette Sandoz
Something to do with Broccoli
Top Review by dogsandwoods
11/06/08: Someone at work made this recipe for our farewell pot luck and we all raved about it! The two differences were her recipe called for two packages of Ramen noodles, one chicken and one oriental flavor and she added dried cherries to her slaw. I used this salad to top a spinach and mixed greens salad and it was outstanding. What a great recipe that I wish I'd found sooner! 07/06/09: This recipe is always a huge hit, including the potluck at church yesterday. Outstanding!
- 1 (3 ounce) package chicken-flavored ramen noodles
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds (or some of each) or 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (or some of each)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flavor packet from the soup mix with the vinegar, sugar, and oil in a 2-quart or larger serving bowl.
- Using a whisk, beat until well blended.
- Add the broccoli slaw and ramen noodles, breaking the noodles into small pieces.
- Toss well to coat with dressing, then garnish with nuts and seeds as desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before serving.