Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy! This is one of my DD's favorite dishes. Serve with rice.
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin, thinly sliced into medalliions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into eighths and layers seperated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, do not drain juice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar cornstarch, and water. Blend thoroughly and set aside.
- Sift flour over both sides of pork medallions.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with low-calorie cooking spray. Add 1 tbsp oil and heat for 1 minute of med-high heat. Add pork and saute for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2-3 minutes longer. Remove pork from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tsp oil to skillet. Add green peppers, onion, and carrot. Stir-fry 4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender but still crisp. Stir in soy sauce mixture and pineapple tidbits with liquid. Bring to a boil and cook 1-2 minutes longer, or until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in pork and cook 1 minute longer.
This is a good recipe with tender pork and yummy flavors. I felt the carrots were fine, but the other two folks here felt they were undercooked. You can see by the photo that they are very thin (I used 6 baby carrots). I was out of bell peppers, so I couldn't use any, but I'm sure that they would be great in here too. It's all a matter of individual tastes, but it was enjoyed by everyone. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
Very easy to make and delicious. I dont think it made four servings, however we have big appetites.
Made this as per the recipe & it's great! We both enjoy sweet-&-sour anyway, so were expecting this pork to be satisfying & it definitely was, & will be made again before long & served over brown rice for some special company! Thanks for a great recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]