Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick and easy dish with a piquant sauce that makes itself.
- vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 medium onion, skinned and chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks, each weighing 5 oz
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes, until soft. Push to one side of the pan.
- Add the steaks and brown on both sides, then add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- Cover tightly and simmer gently for 8 - 10 minutes, until the steaks are tender and the peppers are soft.
- Transfer the steaks and peppers to warmed serving plates. Bring the remaining liquid in the pan to the boil and boil for 2 - 3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Spoon over the steaks and serve with boiled rice.