A quick and easy dish with a piquant sauce that makes itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 ounce butter
- 1 medium onion, skinned and chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks, each weighing 5 oz
- 1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2/3 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes, until soft. Push to one side of the pan.
- 2Add the steaks and brown on both sides, then add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- 3Cover tightly and simmer gently for 8 - 10 minutes, until the steaks are tender and the peppers are soft.
- 4Transfer the steaks and peppers to warmed serving plates. Bring the remaining liquid in the pan to the boil and boil for 2 - 3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- 5Spoon over the steaks and serve with boiled rice.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Sour Pork Steaks With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 529.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless pork loin steaks