Sweet and Sour Pork Steaks With Peppers
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic and gently fry for 5 minutes, until soft. Push to one side of the pan.
- Add the steaks and brown on both sides, then add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly together.
- Cover tightly and simmer gently for 8 - 10 minutes, until the steaks are tender and the peppers are soft.
- Transfer the steaks and peppers to warmed serving plates. Bring the remaining liquid in the pan to the boil and boil for 2 - 3 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Spoon over the steaks and serve with boiled rice.