Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
for the bbq season. You will need 8 bamboo skewers.
- 750 g lean pork loin steaks
- 1⁄2 small pineapple, peeled
- 1 large red capsicum, halved, deseeded
- 2 small red onions, peeled
- boiled chat potato, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Soak skewers in water for 10 minutes.
- Cut pork, pineapple and capsicum into 2 to 3cm pieces. Slice onions into thin wedges, leaving root ends intact.
- Make marinade: Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add pork. Stir to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Thread pork, pineapple, capsicum and onion alternately onto skewers.
- Preheat barbecue grill on medium heat. Barbecue skewers, turning and basting with marinade occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Serve with potatoes and salad.