Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A long time family-favorite pork chop recipe! This can also be made on top of the stove in a large skillet. If desired you can brown the chops before placing in the crockpot, I like to add in a couple tablespoons fresh minced garlic also. Serve with hot cooked rice if desired.
Top Review by andivebeen
Very yummy! The pork was very tender, but a little dry. Sear it before crock-potting will probably solve this problem. I am going low carb, so I cut out the brown sugar, added some KC masterpiece BBQ sauce (low calorie/carb) and some cayanne pepper. I cut out the celery and added red pepper. Did not have stewed tomatoes, used paste with 1 cup water. Substituted cider vinegar with red wine vinegar. Substituted chicken bouillon for beef. Wow, I had to adjust this a lot, but I started cooking before making sure I had all the ingredients :-P It came out pretty yummy anyway :-)
- 4 pork chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 beef bouillon cube (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chops into the crockpot, then sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Add in onions, celery, green pepper and stewed tomatoes.
- In a bowl combine ketchup, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, bouillon cube and brown sugar; pour over the veggies.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-6 hours.
- In a bowl mix the cornstarch with water until smooth; stir into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30-45 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with rice if desired.