Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 medium pork chops
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 4 whole cloves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Brown the pork chops in the oil or butter and place in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, mixing to combine, and pour over the pork chops.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe produces a very mellow flavored, slightly sweet but tender chop. I baked them for 1 hour loosely covered for the first 30 minutes. Next time I make this recipe I'll put Sauerkraut all around the chops Good recipe UPDATE: I made this recipe again and added 2 cups of well drained wine cured saurkraut - Outstanding! This is easy and really tasty. Again I baked it for 1 hour- 30 minutes loosely covered and then uncovered for the last 30. Served with "Brussels Sprouts in packets" (super recipe), new potatoes, baby carrots and sugarsnap peas. There is enough sauce from the porkchops to go over your potatoes, excellent meal enjoyed by all
This is not a barbecue recipe for pork chops as stated in title of same.
Where does the bbq come in